VA-ROOTS Archives

December 2011

From:
Lona Boudreaux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2011 23:35:13 -0500
Jerry,

I'm new to this list and interested in what you may know about Dr. Jermiah
Duval who left Maryland about 1785 for land in Pennsylvania and the people he
took with him mainly the Chaney's.

Dr. Duval settled in an area of Pennsylvania that in 1834 became Broad Top,
Bedford Co., Pa. My 2nd great maternal grandfather, John L. Chaney, was
born there 1827 and died Dec 8, 1898 Tidal, Armstrong Co., Pa. He married
Sophrona A. Myers Aug 19, 1855 we think in Armstrong Co., Pa.  John's father
was Richard Chaney born abt. 1796 Pa. and died after the 1830 census but
before the 1840 census.  John's mother was Rebecca who is listed in the 1840
census as living in Broad Top, Pa.  I've been unable to learn the names of
Richard Chaney's parents or Rebecca's maiden name.  I have the names of
Richard and Rebecca's other children, if you are interested.

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you,
Lona Laughlin Boudreaux
Monroe, La.