VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2004

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:22:44 -0500
Ms. Janet.  I am sure I join all in offering my sincere condolences; I am sorry about your Mother.

I agree that my numbers are likely much higher than reality will reveal, and that those materials available are really a much lower percentage.  I also agree that the greatest single category of unabstracted records likely are the deeds, and those are so critical to in-depth research by every one of us.

I do truly hope your comments and mine cause some folks to totally and forever abandon the silly notion that they are able to do their research wholly within the internet; it just ain't so.  Paul