VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2008

From:
Eric Huffstutler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Huffstutler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 22:32:17 -0400
I resemble that problem :-)

I was born out of wedlock but know my biological father.  When born was
given the last name of an "ex" husband of mother's (divorced from him 5
years before I was born in a different state), changed before I went into
1st grade to a stepfather's last name but not adopted, and after my mother
died, this family disowned me and I legally had my name completely changed
and my last name changed to my bio father's surname.

How do you handle that!

Eric