VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2001

From:
catherine trent <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
catherine trent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 12:22:41 -0400
I need help in looking for a ancestor who lived in Buckingham co.

Her name is Martha Worley/Whorley age 52 in 1850 and goes by Patsy.
In the 1850 census she is living in District No. 2 with two young men.
Robert Whorley age 17 and Edward Whorley age 13.  It does not state if these
children are her grandchildren.

I need to have someone look at the 1860 and 1870 Buckingham Co. census and
see if she is still there and who is living with her, or who she is living
with.

I know for sure of one son, William P. Whorley age 32 in the 1850 census.
He married 4 times and each time he only listed Patsy Worley as his parent.

His son Peter Andrew Worley was born in 1843 and his first wife was Margaret
Worley.  On their marriage certificate is says that Samuel and Mary Worley
were her parents.  They lived in Appomatox, Va.

I am trying to connect these two as cousins.  And looking for Samuel Worley
parents.  He married twice.  First to a Mary Farmer(?) 2nd to Mary Mitchell.

Could anyone have any information on these folks, and also be able to look
up the census.

I do appreciate all the kind folks on this list who have helped me in the
past.
kathie in Maine