VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2002

From:
Ray Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 19:24:48 -0500
You don't have a problem, I'm guessing.

Spam protector software has a list of servers which allow their use for spam (without most
people knowing it, including the providers). Rootsweb assured me several month ago that
they have no servers which would allow it, but I'm confident they don't really know.

 So-o-o-o, if your provider is using a software that identifies "bad guys," you will not
get some emails because they are bounced back, and the rootsweb software will say, "Oh my,
that person isn't there anymore, delete them from the address list."

The other potential problem was identified by another researcher who said that Verizon and
a few other phone companies had changed some software and it was causing emails to bounce,
with the resultant cancellation by rootsweb.

Probably more than you cared to know, but since you asked...:)
Best wishes in all your searches,
Ray