VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2002

From:
Jim Greve <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Greve <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 08:11:33 -0500
George Booth Cary married the widow Martha (Blunt) Urquhart of Southampton
and had an only daughter, Virginia Elizabeth Cary, who died young.  He was a
lawyer and member of Congress.  With his death in 1850, the Southampton Cary
line became extinct.  See THE VIRGINIA CARYS: AN ESSAY IN GENEALOGY (New
York, 1919).

There is a chancery suit in Southampton County involving his estate.  The
number is 1850-007.  I haven't looked at it, but it might provide you with
more info. about him.  Check the LVA Chancery Records Database:

http://www.lva.lib.va.us/ChanceryWebQ/ChanceryBasicQuery.asp

Jim Greve
Archivist
The Library of Virginia