VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2004

Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:59:14 -0500
I have a question re the following: In The Virginia Genealogist of Jan-Mar 1978 there is an index to:
    Prince William County, Virginia, ORDER BOOK 1759-1761

In Court Session of March 24, 1761, pg 255( my 5th great grandfather JOHN CHESHIRE)

Leonard Helm vs John Cheshire.  On petition.  It is considered that the plaintiff ought to recover f 4.19.11  current money.

The amount being small potatoes, I am sure there is no more info in this court records on John Cheshire (Chesher).  So, are there earlier Order Books for Prince William County that are indexed?  Our estimated birth for this 5th gr grandfather is 1740 in VA? No reliable source. His son, also named John Chesher, was born in 1760 and he lived until he was in his ninties.

I am open to suggestions of any records (on microfilm?) that I can order on ILL around
the mid 1700's.

Ella in Michigan
(Picking up twigs along the way)