VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2009

From:
Eric Huffstutler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Huffstutler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2009 21:58:56 -0500
I am seeking any relatives or leads about a LeRoy Taylor, born c.1901 and died between 1957-1959 in Church Hill of Richmond.

He was married to a Josephine J. _____ (1902-1981) who is buried at Oakwood as well as their son Oscar Tensley Taylor who died in 1982.

So far I have not been successful locating him and wondered at this volatile time of segregation, where an African American without a family plot living in Church Hill most likely would have been buried?

Any help or leads greatly appreciated!

Jim