VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2008

From:
Kitty Manscill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty Manscill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2008 20:30:36 -0500
My brick wall is James W. Mears, born 1824.

In the 1870 Census he is listed in Nansemond County, at Chuckatuck,  with
his wife, Martha Jane Norsworthy Hines, and children Robert and Rintha.
They were married in 1868.
I never knew what his first wife's name was.  Those children were by his
first wife.

In 1880 he is listed in Norfolk County, on Western Branch, and my
grandmother Eugenia had been born and was 9 years old.

According to Ancestry, no one by this name is in any Virginia County in
1860.

In 1850 a James W. Mears of the same age is listed with wife Caroline in
Northampton Co.

According to DAR records my grandmother's father was born on the Eastern
Shore.
 I wonder if this could be the same person.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080205-0, 02/05/2008
Tested on: 2/5/2008 8:30:38 PM