VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2003

From:
Scott Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 03:39:57 -0700
I have a transcription of a 1759 deed that refers to Hughes Creek in
Albemarle County.  Can anyone tell me where Hughes Creek was?  I also
have an abstract of a 1777 deed from *Amherst* County that seems to
refer to the same land, so this creek could have been near the border
between Albemarle and Amherst (before the creation of Nelson County) --
thus, it may be in present-day Nelson, or in Albemarle, but near
Nelson.

I've already consulted the Geographic Names Information System
(http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnis/web_query.gnis_web_query_form).

Thank you!

Scott