VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2009

From:
CLAUDE C RICHARDS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CLAUDE C RICHARDS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2009 10:52:54 -0700
OK, if you are tired of this topic, please delete before reading further.

1.    As to the hat -- everyone is right.
    It makes sense to cover your neck while working in the yard or being on the beach.
    You have to wear you hat backwards to fit under the catcher's mask.
    I have worn my hat backward in a speed boat to keep from losing it.
    But one day I (the respected county assessor) wore a hat backwards in the county building and got a very long double take from one of the sheriff's investigative officers.  It seems I had unknowingly identified myself as a gang banger.  So, while there are lots of reasons to wear your hat backwards, there are also lots of reasons not to.

2.    As to the evolutionary curve -- maybe that is the best argument against evolution as the origin of mankind.  Now we need to understand that and live up to our potential.

3.    As to racists -- it takes a special kind of racist to see racism where none exists.

4.    As to this being better than television -- that is not hard at all.  A blank wall would be better than television and better for you.  Genealogy would be even better.

5.    As to Virginia genealogy -- I too love my Virginia ancestors and appreciate the things they went through to put my family in a situation of freedom.  It concerns me to see us sell off that freedom and our Constitutional government without even recognizing what we are doing.

Claude Richards