VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2008

Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2008 11:36:49 EST
This one has driven me over 50 years as my mother's family. The below is all
I can prove:
George G Green   (was told by my grandfather the middle G stands for Gilliam)
According to tombstone and records he left, he was born 16 Apr. 1783 in "Old
Dominion"-this found on every thing he ever signed so must have been proud of
that. He died 29 Sept. 1844 Hart Co, Ky and buried on family farm Uno/Bear
Wallow, Ky. He first thought to have gone to Clark Co, Ky
He married Mary (Polly) Smith who is from the Smith/Schmidt group who settled
in German colony of 1717 under Spottwoods territory.

Mary (Smith) and George G Green had:
Elizabeth
James Irvin who m. Anne Elizabeth Saunders
Lucinda who m. Charles Stark
Nancy m. a Gatewood
William Smith m. Emily Barnett (My descent)
John Caldwell
Alexander C
Mildred   m a Hester
Mary Dorinda m Bryan Whitfield Killebrew
Joanna m. Lemen Lazarus
Martha m. Elias Hubbard
Zachariah Gilliam m. Mary Buckner Mumford

Can anyone with Virginia ancestors connect to George G Green of "Old
Dominion"???
What a relief it would be to find George G Green's family in Va. as have
tried over 50 years   and never found the right family. I have been all over those
counties around where the farm was and all over the cemetary there, trying to
upright those knocked over tombstones. They were lovely at one time but its
been 40 years since I was there and they might have been plouded under by now.

Sarah Browder, McKinney, TX