VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2003

Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 18:12:19 GMT
Why not ask them to update or replace their file, or even remove it.  That would get rid of all the people in their file that are unknown to them.  How you do that depends on whether the file was submitted to rootsweb world connect or to ancestry's database.  Both are combined for viewing, but are dealt with separately.

Sue

-- [log in to unmask] wrote:

We was speaking earlier about Ancestry.com. I found my work and personal info
on a tree and contacted the person about it and asked them to remove it and I
had not given permission for it be on there. I have pasted in his response
below. So "beware" of what you find and "beware" of Ancestry.com. Note what he
says in his response to my email to him.
Personal experience,
Marlene

I am sorry but I don't know these people and did not enter the information,
how they came to be attached to my family tree and my name I do not know, but I
did not enter it, it is not my work. As I stated I never heard of these
people and I can find no connection to my family tree, so how my name is attached
to it I do not know. It has to be a glitch at Ancestry.com, as I am finding
HUNDREDS of names in my tree that I have NEVER heard of, check to see who else
has this info and see if they are connected. Again sorry but not of my doing.
Jim L