VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2009

From:
alyce hart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2009 13:04:11 -0800
I have an amusing story for you. My paternal grandfather was born as George Everet Hart having been named as a middle name after a maternal family name Everoit.  WHen he went off to World War ! somehow his documents got mixed up and his named was put down as Everet Hart.

When he got out of the service he just allowed it to remain that  way and ever after he was know as Everet Hart and his son my father was named Geo. Everett Hart the same as him but never was known as JR. Yesterday I found my fathers original birth certificate amongst some family belongings and right there on the birth certificate it says my grandfathers real name is George Everet Hart same as my dads.

GO figure! I really cannot imagine how he allowed it all to just muddle along ! But I really like the name Everett and am hoping to convince one of my kids to name a grandkid after him.

have a great geneaological day!

Alyce Hart