VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2004

From:
"Mary F. Haynes" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary F. Haynes
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 10:27:55 -0500
I'm researching the Fergusons.  Earliest info I have is William Isaac
Ferguson, born about 1791 apparently Prince George County, VA.  Think his
father was William Ferguson, but there are hundreds of William Fergusons
and I don't know where to go from here.
I have info on one William Abraham (see the connection-Abraham-Isaac from
the Bible) Ferguson with his family, etc., but no William Isaac in the
family.  This one died near Lexington, KY in his 80th year.
My William Isaac Ferguson died in Jackson Co., AL about 1851.  He was
married in VA or KY or TN to Rhoda Rice, dau of Abigail Stewart and Drury
Rice.  It could have been Hawkins Co., TN, where William Isaac and Rhoda's
oldest dau, Elizabeth, was born in 1822.  They then moved to Jackson Co.,
AL, where my GGrandfather, Henry William Ferguson, was born in 1826.
Mary