VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2001

From:
Abercrombie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Abercrombie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 09:11:36 -0400
When Richard Slatten and I compiled the Publick Claims we worked from the
original documents.  They are part of the State Auditors papers in the
manuscripts at the Library of Virginia.  At that time they had not been
microfilmed and I don't know whether they have been since then or not; I
don't think so but don't mind being corrected.
    These records were collected at the county level and sent to the State
for payment.  Copies of the reports to the state were kept in some of the
county records but a very few and I have not made a survey of which counties
have copies.
    Booklets of the records of the individual counties as well as the three
volume hard bound set for all the records are available through Iberian
Publishing Co. which has a catalog listed on line.