VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2002

From:
First Families <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
First Families <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 00:34:40 -0700
Hello Everyone;

We have received a great amount of email requesting information
concerning Indentured Servants and Apprentices sent to the early Colonies.

It would be impossible to list the over 10,000 here so we are including an
overview of the
process and hope it will explain the how and why.

We have titled the page Indentured Servants and Apprentices Sent to the
American Colonies 1654-1686.

The piece was written by Peter Wilson Coldham as an introduction to one of
his excellent
immigration reference works and contains much usefull information that will
touch
many of our lines somewhere.

You will find the page located on the web site at within the Family Pages Index
located at

http://www.linkline.com/personal/xymox/families/famdex.htm

On the Family Index Page enter  through the link   SERVANTS AND APPRENTICES
SENT TO THE AMERICAN COLONIES 1654-1686.

Enjoy

Harold Oliver
Director
America's First Families