VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2003

From:
Sharon Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sharon Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 15:41:11 -0600
Hello,

I have found a reference to the 1800 Tax list for Albemarle Co., VA that
shows William and Daniel Ferguson in Albemarle Co. with St. Anne written
after it.  Was there a St. Anne's district or parish in Albemarle Co. in
1800?

Daniel is listed with 1 white male, 2 horses and 1 slave over 16.

William is listed with 1 white male and 1 horse in the James Lewis District.

Does anyone know where St. Anne's and the James Lewis District were in
1800?  Were they by any chance in the southern part of Albemarle Co.?
William Ferguson married Catherine GILMORE, daughter of Frances EUBANK
and Joseph GILMORE, and the Gilmores lived on the South Fork of the
Hardware River.

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.  Thank you.

Best wishes,
Sharon Clark
Fort Worth, TX