VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2016

From:
Charity Rouse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2016 15:07:11 +0000
The Harrisonburg-Rockingham Historical Society has fabulous resources for that area. There are dual linked websites for the museum and archives so you may have to dig on the website a bit.  Don't hesitate to contact them with your question.

http://www.heritagecenter.com/

Don't forget that there are billions of records not digitized and Ancestry.com only has a small fraction of what has been digitized that can help with genealogical research.

Happy Researching!

Charity

>Date:    Mon, 7 Nov 2016 09:39:41 -0500

>From:    Madaline Preston <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

>Subject: Re: Mack Curry

>Exactly, now did Mack become a free black?  I haven't found anything on

>Ancestry prior to the 1870 census for Mack and wife, Miranda.

>m. preston

Charity Rouse, MLS
Director of Local History
Spartanburg County Public Libraries
Kennedy Room, Headquarters Library
151 S. Church St.
Spartanburg, SC 29306
(864)596-3500 ext.1234
www.infodepot.org<https://ex01.infodepot.org/owa/redir.aspx?C=3MjNHX-egUStCmhty3W8CDyXSof2UtEIQfkEhx_fGSgmoH9htngzc0jcn8Zpagnlb2cVq8QLOAQ.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.infodepot.org>
Any opinions expressed are those of the individual and may not reflect the opinions or policies of the Spartanburg County Public Libraries.