VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2010

From:
Janice Friel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 2010 12:00:11 EDT

HELLO

WAS HIS NAME JOHN FREERICK QUIRIN? WAS HE MARRIED TOMABLE CKARISE
THOMPSON? PARENTS JOHN QUIRIN & KATHERINE MILLER. IF SO, I FOUND HIM ON THE  PILOT
PROGRAM WITH FAMILY SEARCH.

HE WAS MARRIED OCT. 15, 1913 WHITE PIGEON \, ST. JOSEPH, MICHIGAN. HE WAS
21 AND SHE WAS 20. SHE LIVED CHICAGO, ILL. AND WAS BORN THERE. HE WAS BORN
BROOKLYN, NY. SHE WAS A PIANIST AND HE A MACHINIST. HER FATHER'S NAME WAS
CHAS.  THOMPSON.

DIDN'T SEE A DEATH NOTICE, BUT I COULD LOOK.

JANICE

I admit patience isn't one of my virtues but I've spent way too much  time
trying to find an ancestor on a social security death index that is  a
free index, not one that is advertised as free until they search, find  a
match and then tell you you have to be a member to view the data.

In  2003 I went to ssdi.rootsweb.com, put in the state and the last name of
my  ancestry line and up would pop all the data.  Of course all of this  now
belongs to Ancestry which is another sore subject.  (They can take a  simple
data base and present it in a way to involve the maximum time spent in  a
search.)

I'm looking for Fred (Frederick) J. Quirin born 21 Jul 1893  in Brooklyn,
NY.  His WWII registration card, dated 27 April, 1942  states he worked in
the 11th District Chicago Police Dept. (91st and Cottage  Grove, Chicago)
and
gives his home address as 7921 Indiana Ave,  Chicago.  You'd think this info
would be sufficient to find the  lad.

What have I missed?  Is there a site such as my 2003 find that  will give
you
his death date without belonging to one more "free"  site?

All I want is his death date.

Thanks for listening to my  rant.  I hope you will have the wisdom to put me