VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2004

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 11:19:33 -0600
Good for you and your fine efforts.  I surely did not mean to discourage you, Marie, but rather to cause those who do NOT search as you do to realize that there is SO VERY much that is NOT yet on the net.  Indeed, I have answered thousands of questions over the years and have taught the subject to newbies for now more than 40 years.  I try to help all folks who ask questions (to the extent that I have extra time).  Believe me, I chastise the oldies equally for not passing along the fundamentals to newcomers.

As I have said many times, genealogy, like politics, is local and all research should start with wherever was "local" to an ancestor; his or her "WHERES.   Again, good for you, and if I can help in any way, let me know.  This is a fine and rewarding hobby, and it is through folks like you that the fundamentals will continue to be encouraged.  Paul