VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2004

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 18:09:18 -0500
If my memory serves me, I believe that Bristol Parish at one time or another and for varying periods of time held sway in Dinwiddie, Prince George, and Henrico Parishes.

I might add that a necessary requirement in genealogical research is a realization by us all that we must attempt to locate the "wheres" of ancestors' residences through use of the deed, estate, and surveyors' records.  We then MUST exhaust all records of every parish that at ANY time provided church jurisdiction over that property/land and the residents there.

If we are NOT examining the extant vestry records and vestry books with the same vigor with which we attack the courthouses attended by our ancestors, we are NOT doing thorough and in-depth research.  Paul