VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2003

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 17:22:18 -0500
I might or might not agree to your definitions, but so what, Ms. Karen?
Have you told us anything about the value of the evidence by the use of
those words?  Under your definition, which category is a headstone, please?
How about my Drake family Bible; is it primary or secondary, considering
that it has entries written across now 154 years by at least 6 distinct
writers?

It seems apparent to me that no matter what label you attach, I yet must
consider all the facts surrounding every single entry found there, and for
you to say it is "primary" or "secondary" assists me not one iota.

Enough then; if those words help you and my Dear Friend Margaret, then by
all means use those terms.  As for me, I feel you have told me nothing about
the quality of the evidence to which you have pasted those labels.  Paul