VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2009

From:
CLAUDE C RICHARDS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CLAUDE C RICHARDS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2009 17:12:03 -0700
Like I said, there was one comment and about 15 rebuttals (I don't have the count because I have deleted everything).  If everyone had just deleted the comment and let it go, this never would have happened.  The rebuttals are occupying more of our time and attention than the comment.

I was in Brazil doing church work once.  The newspaper printed a derogatory comment about the church.  I thought we should answer it.   Someone wiser than I said that if we answered, the situation would flare up.  If we ignored it would die of malnutrition.  We ignored and the whole thing went quietly away.

Here is to our Virginia ancestors.

Claude