VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2001

From:
Jane Gray <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jane Gray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 15:11:34 -0500
I am looking for a regimental book of names for the 6th VA Regiment of the
Rev. War, under Capt. Samuel Jordon Cambell's Company commanded by Lt. Col.
James Hendricks.  I need to know the name of any such book and where it
might be found.

The ancestor name I'm looking for is William Hensley of Ablemarle County b.
1735 who is said to be a Pvt. in the Army.  He is said to have inlisted in
Paril 1775, discharged April, 1778 but I've been unable to find the source
of the information.

Your help would be most appreciated.
Jane Gray