VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2003

Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 21:19:23 EDT
Dear List,
    I agree with Paul 110% . I first sent the email to the list "complaining"
about my work on another's site on Ancestry.com without giving credit to
Ancestry.com for the Court records and etc. that I would not have access to
otherwise. Holly I praise you also for your work. I have paid other genealogist's
for transcribing and I really appreciate it.
    After I posted to the list I was made aware, by a very reputable person,
of a problem or "glitch" with Microsoft Word that goes out and "grabs" items
and does it without the person's knowledge.
    The person I that had this info on his site was totally unaware of how it
had even happened. He stated that he had hundreds of people on his site and
they was not in his tree and he no idea of how it happened or how to get them
out.
    So maybe we need to give Ancestry.com a little praise also. Holly & Paul
said it all and said it very well.
Marlene