VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2004

Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:54:13 EST
I know of several cases where the receipt for a casket or digging a grave was
the closest I could get to a death date. One of my pet peeves is the
conversion of dates entered as between such and such that have been entered as
absolute by later researchers. Words such as between or circa should be taken to mean
"this is a s close as I can get with good reason" rather than the absolute
date.

Margaret R. Amundson, CGsm is a service mark of the Board for Certification
of Genealogists, used under license by Board-certified associates after
periodic proficiency evaluations.