VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2008

From:
Clay Gullatt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2008 14:26:52 -0700

http://pilot.familysearch.org

Familysearch.org has a new webisite with their new improved digitial images. For now they are free I don't know how long thet will be. They entered into an agreement with ancestry.com com to use their indexes as a guide for the new digatial images. I think ancestry got the better part of the deal as they will get to use the new digitial images.
After this pilot program is over (when???) they images will be available free at the LDS Family History Centers and for pay at ancestry.

Not all the images for all the states are available. I believe presently 1900 is complete. You will have to check to see if states you want are available.

Also the 1860 Census Images are now at www.footnote.com as part of their Civil War series.

Clay Gullatt
Mount Airy NC