VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2010

From:
Cynthia McDaniel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:43:19 -0500
Your scenario of the father giving up the infant to a sympathetic family is
extremely plausible.  My grandfather did that with his youngest son after
his first wife died.  The family had not been able to have children and had
lost a son recently.  In fact, he promised the family that even when he got
back on his feet, that he would not take the son away from them and the
child grew up as their child even after he married his second wife, my
grandmother.

Cynthia McDaniel