VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2003

From:
paul drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
paul drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2003 20:06:21 -0500
Ms. Jan;   Almost certainly "O.S." and "N.S." are designators of volumes of courts' reports.

As such, you will find the records filed in those volumes in almost exact chronological order.  I have no access to those records, but your page citations should take you to the entries designated, and the documents immediately before and immediately afterwards should reveal with great accuracy - within a few days or a week or two - the dates of the filings of your sources records.  Paul

Though I can not know for certain from this distance, I would almost bet that the symbols "O.S." and "N.S." designate old series and "new series", thereby revealing a verbatim re-write by the clerks of the "original" books, those old pones having worn out from use.