VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2011

Date:
Tue, 8 Mar 2011 18:58:49 -0500
Shirley -

You are correct. I have seen the name spelled: Mylam, Mylum, Milam, Milum,
Millam, Millim, Mileham and Milom.  In one record alone, the Court Clerk
spelled it three ways: Milam, Millam and Mileham.

Barbara Vines Little has published the extant Tithable Records of Orange
County which are incomplete. But I did find some of Mylam's neighbors on a
couple lists: John Kelly (Killy), Finley McColester (McCallister,
McCanister), Richard Mauldin and Maj. Philip Rootes. Just wondering if I can
make anything of the absence of his name.

William Milam

www.milaminvirginia.com