VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2008

From:
Cyndi Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cyndi Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:14:08 -0400
After reading their FAQ's, I don't believe I'd put any faith into this program at all!
 Taken from their website: [http://www.familyforest.com/faq.html#Six]

"6) How accurate is the Family Forest?

This requires a two-part answer. Our part is extremely accurate. We are the tour guides who lead you to the specific recorded history about who said what about whom when and where. We might occasionally misinterpret what we read, transpose a number, or make a typo, but not often. Besides, the source locations of 99.9% of the statements and connections are just a mouse-click away.

As for the accuracy of the statements and connections themselves, there is a reasonable probability that they are true, because most of them were recorded by recognized and highly respected experts over the centuries. "

Come on! They lead you to "who said what about whom when and where"? And they call that genealogy???? And what's with the statement, "there is a reasonable probability that they are true"???? There's a reasonable probability that I descended from Adam and Eve, too. But can you prove it???

My advice?

Invest the cost of the program into your savings account. At least you'll get some honest worth in return!

Cyndi Beane Henry
Mountain Genealogists