VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2010

From:
Bonnie Flythe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2010 12:48:39 -0400
I would guess that more than 50% of the Flye and Flythe family "data" on
Ancestry is inaccurate.  The only reason I subscribe to Ancestry is to have
access to the census and the card catalog.  Some of the errors are really
appalling.  Ancestry should come with a caution sign!
I should note that I have spent unknown hours reading microfilm and
abstracting deeds and tax lists.  It is hard on the eyes, but the drudgery
is well worth it. It is just very sad that so much junk is now available to
so many people.  The worst aspect of this is that the junk seems to have the
ability to multiply in a way that accurate information does not.
Bonnie