VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2009

From:
Sondra Reger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sondra Reger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2009 15:00:04 -0500
Kathy Lee, glad you got your name right, finally.  My run in with SS was
that they declared my dying brother as already dead.  When we tried to
straighten it out they said we would have to bring him to Clarksburg, WV to
prove he was alive!  They don't admit to typing anything wrong!  Anyway we
told them that they didn't have to have a death certificate to declare him
dead, why do we need to bring a very ill man about 60 miles to show he was
alive.  They did change the records.

My name is Sondra; however, the Dr.'s handwriting made it look somewhat like
an a, although it did not match the a at the end of my name.  My father was
able to convince the birth record's officials that it was an o.  Thank
heavens that was before babies had to have SS numbers.

Be sure to imagine right, for we tend to become as we see ourselves. -
Norman vincent Peale