VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2009

From:
Bonnie Flythe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 2009 10:41:46 -0400
According to a Crump on Every Stump, Robert D. Crump married Lucy W. Talley
on July 12, 1860.  Robert D. was son of Richard Crump and Martha Manning
Bradley.  They were married before 1814 when they sold Martha's portion of
the estate of James P. Bradley of Charles City County.
Richard was supposedly the son of Robert Crump, son of Joseph Crump of NC.
I haven't finished looking into the records in Charles City and am not sure
of every aspect of this line. It eventually traces back to Stephen Crump (d.
1700) son of William the immigrant and founder of the New Kent Crumps.
Bonnie