VA-ROOTS Archives

December 2007

From:
Gene Harlow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gene Harlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Dec 2007 20:39:17 -0500
After reading books about melungeons and pre-colonial settlers in the
mountains of Va, I wonder if the Shifflettes, Harlows, and Lambs in Greene
County are part of the melungeon (multi-racial) families that migrated from
Europe to Virginia and called themselves Portagee families.

Another question is:
Were the Harlows identified as jewish or anglican or catholic or methodist or
baptist or did they participate in all the religious groups throughout history?
Checking the DNA and genealogy of the Harlows uncovers all types of religious
leanings!!!

Does anyone have any input on the Harlows of Greene County?  I am checking
and searching information on the ancesters of Lewis Marion and Angus Marion
Harlow.  If so, could you share your info with me?
THX,
Gene Harlow