VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2003

From:
Eric Aldhizer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Aldhizer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 20:02:41 -0400
The gov't has eliminated selective availability as of May 1, 2000.   (http://www.ngs.noaa.gov/FGCS/info/sans_SA/docs/statement.html)    But what I am talking about is the mapping software that is installed on your computer.  After marking a point (for instance my house) and then downloading it to the software on my computer, my house could be nearly 500 foot from the software road.  That is a software error, and not a GPS error.

Eric Aldhizer