VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2004

From:
Brent Tarter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brent Tarter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 08:00:09 -0500
The Library of Virginia has a very large collection of genealogical
notes and charts that researchers have donated during several decades.
They compliment our very large collection of family Bible records (which
are on-line) and get used by modern researchers who do not wish to miss
information and leads that previous researchers have uncovered. I use
them, myself, from time to time, and am very glad to have them.

Inasmuch as the Library of Virginia is the busiest of all the research
libraries that family history researchers with Virginia connections
visit, it is certainly an appropriate place for the deposit of such
records.

Brent Tarter
The Library of Virginia

Visit the Library of Virginia's web site at http://www.lva.lib.va.us