VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2002

From:
John Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 21:15:11 +0100
As for taking papers in with you - I'm familiar mainly with NARA2 at College
Park, and there the restriction is that you have every piece of paper
stamped before going in so that there will be no obstruction when coming
out. And I had no difficulty using a laptop there, apart from having to take
it in without its carrying bag. At NARA2 there are carts, but otherwise, if
your laptop is heavy, I advise a couple of straps with a carrying handle,
otherwise notes, laptop, connecting cable and pencils get to be quite a
handful.

John Weiss
London