VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2004

From:
Shelley Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:32:46 EDT
hi, I am sure this has came up before, but I think I am a bit confused. The
folks I am searching for were born in Jefferson County Virginia, which is now
Jefferson County WVA, they were born prior to WVA becoming a state in 1863. I
called the library in Richmond and he said that VA gave all those records to
West Va., which I am not finding anything there either..Can anyone shed some
light on the Va and WVA delimna? I have found nothing in the local records or VA
or WVA. Thanks Shelley