VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2003

From:
"sylvia o. rowe" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
sylvia o. rowe
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 14:25:49 -0400
The file is a necessary part of Windows, don't delete.  My apologies.
 From Tim:

Number 1:
You NEVER EVER send virus warnings to an email list.  It is absolutely
forbidden.

Number 2:
The reason it is forbidden is warnings such as yours.  Now you will have
everyone stirred up and deleting jdbgmgr.exe when it is a necessary file
and is a pert of Windows.  I wonder how many will delete this Windows
file now because you didn't follow the rules.

This "virus" is a hoax. Its only objective is to both cause pepole to
delete legitiment files and to clog up the internet with all the extra
email warnings.  jdbgmgr.exe is a legitimate file.  See this link for
more information.
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html