VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2003

Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 21:44:24 +0000
Hi Alice,
 I found this information from the 1930 census.
1930 U. S. Federal Census
Panama Canal Zone
Balboa District
Quarry Heights Army Post
Enumerated on April 9, 1930 by J. L. Mortimer
E. D. 3, sheet 4a

on Officer's Row(street name)
I will give you the basic information.
Thomas T. Handy, head of household, W,M, age 38, born Tenn., father born N. C.,
mother born Ala., he is an officer in the Panama Canal Dept.
his wife, Mary B. Handy, age 45, born in Va., and both her parents were born in
Va.
a daughter, Marion E. Handy, age 16, born in Washington, D. C., her father born
in S. C., her mother born in Va.

I am assuming she is his step-daughter. There is also a servant named Christine
Edwards, age 40 who was born in Trinidad.

Hope this helps.

God bless,
     Beth