VA-ROOTS Archives

December 2012

From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Dec 2012 21:58:20 GMT
Everyone,I am posting a link to a blog by Alan Gilbert, who wrote a book titled, Black Patriots and Loyalists in the Revolutionary War. He posted information about my Virginia Ancestors in the Blog, including those who fought in the Revolutionary War. My ancestors who served in the Revolutionary War from Virginia were:Charles Lewis (Spotsylvania County)- Seaman and Soldier (Battle of Camden SC)Ambrose Lewis (Spotsylvania County)- Seaman and Soldier (Battle of Camden SC)Rawley Pinn - Amherst County Militia (The Siege of Yorktown)John Pinn - Lancaster County Virginia (The Siege of Yorktown)Robert Pinn (father of John), Lancaster County Virginia (The Siege of Yorktown)Billy Pinn (brother of John), Lancaster County Virginia (the Siege of Yorktown)Jim Pinn, killed during battle,  (brother of John), Lancaster County Virginia (the Siege of Yorktown). They were all, Free Persons of Color (fpc); Mulatto, Negro, Black.  I wrote about my ancestors in my first book, Notes and Documents of Free Persons of Color, which is available at Amazon.com.  Anita Wills