VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2009

From:
Diane S Sanfilippo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Aug 2009 10:18:09 -0400
Jim -

I have based my statements on a huge difference in haplogroups!
1. Col. John Starke descendants - haplogroup 'G'
    Thomas Starke descendants - haplogroup
R1b1 13 24 14 10 12 15 13 12 12 13 13 29 17 9 10 11 11 25 15 19 29 15 15 16 18

2. Jeremiah York - haplogroup 'R1b1'

    Captain William York - haplogroup

J2 12 23 14 11 13 15 11 17 11 13 11 30 15 9 9 11 11 29 14 20 29 13 14 16 17

I do NOT think I have jumped to any conclusions!!

I also stated that the most logical possibility was that their mothers were widows who married into the family, or orphans who were taken in by another family. I doubt we will ever know the connection, however I do know that blood does not lie, and different haplogroups (very different) are a sure sign that we are not descended 'by blood' from the other family... I am searching for 'blood' ancestors... and I have simply stopped with the only shaky link.

Diane S