VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2006

Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2006 08:32:06 EDT
Dear Listers,

Does anyone happen to know where George  and Thomas Simpson had their
mercantile establishment in Colonial  times?  They do appear rarely in Richmond
County Order books but the entry only states  George and Thomas Simpson and not "of
Richmond County or any other county" or  with any address given. . I think
that the establishment was either in  Maryland or Virginia (probably the latter)
and was in operation in 1759-1764  when my ancestor Dr. Richard Lingan Hall
ordered numerous items from it/them. He  was living at Peckatone Plantation in
Westmoreland Co. VA with Hannah Lee at  that time. Later he ordered goods from
Hudson Muse located in Richmond County,  VA because he was then living at
Woodberry from 1771 to 1772.  .  Thanks, Bill McCarty @ <[log in to unmask]