VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2003

From:
Eric Aldhizer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Aldhizer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Oct 2003 12:05:08 -0400
Great question.

I actually do exactly that.  Every cemetery, every headstone, every family house, or anything that is important to my family and it's history.  Some may say it's overkill, but once you have a GPS and realize how easy it is to mark a spot, then you can see why I do it everywhere.

I use a Magellan Platinum.  I like it because it is a great handheld unit, that also works well for driving.  You can buy a Garmin, which has models that are designed to be best used for driving and some that are best used for boating.  My Magellan is excellent for hand-held use, (scouting, hiking, or looking through cemeteries), and great for driving.

My best advice is don't be afraid to spend a few dollars.

Eric Aldhizer
www.aldhizer.com/genealogy