VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2011

Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:45:42 -0500
Also a reminder on family Bibles! If they were not written during the time of the oldest family member, well without proper documentation they are worthless also the 'printed' family history without copies of resources or where they can be found!
I have so many 'cousins' who refuse to remove the crown from their heads after the marriage that linked to royalty cannot be proven - the 'bride' did not exist! It can be proven that she did not exist!
I don't know if you have run into this awful Herndon history - its all based on 'an old man told me that a Herndon married Katherine Digges - poor Katherine - she must have really upset her mother since she was not named as an heir when she died - just two living sons, even on her father's tombstone and in his will - she is not named... or else she gave birth after death! Simply cannot make those who think they look good in a crown see the truth! Add to that having to change the name of the wives of the next two Herndon men! I made better progress with the descendants of Major William Wyatt! .... and Lord help those who believe that every word on Ancestry is 'true'!

Diane S

  Amen, John.  The LDS Ancestral files are so filled with errors that people
  swear are correct. I am the registrar for Colonial Dames XVII Century and I
  have to tell prospective members to just ignore any of these for it will
  only cause you grief. Go to the books that have been compiled for public
  records. There are many which can document the ancestor in various places.
  But do not even think about the family histories that have been written for
  Ancestry.