VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2003

From:
"Levy, Suzanne S." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Levy, Suzanne S.
Date:
Sat, 24 May 2003 11:13:52 -0400
We own Vol. 1 of the Index to the Isle of Wight County Virginia Chancery
Papers, 1773-1839, by Joseph Atkins and James Mero. In the foreward it
refers to 30 reels of microfilm of Chancery Papers. A call to the
Library of Virginia proved that they do not own this film. We have a
library patron who would be interested in purchasing the film he needs
to donate to both our library and LOV. But there is no clue as to who
filmed these records and where they might be purchased.

As I recall several years ago a patron wanted this film and we were told
you had to go to Isle of Wight County to see it.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this project and whether the film
might be available for purchase?

Thank you.

Suzanne Levy
Virginia Room Librarian