VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2010

From:
Charlie&Sue Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2010 20:32:48 -0400
This is my favorite reliable source story from my own family.  The
spelling of the surname and the first name varies.  There is no record of
her birth that we've found in Luxembourg.  There is no record of her
birth in Wisconsin, where the family settled.  There was a record of the
birth of her sister, who was born in 1848 in Wisconsin.  If she was one
of the twins, the other twin said she was born in Sept 1846 in the 1900
census.  Johanna said she was born Oct 28, 1849, when a family bible was
prepared in 1910.

Ages of Johanna as listed in Census and other records:
Birth Year, Census, Name,   Age,  born in
1846        9/1847 Anna & Magdal, twins  3/4 arrived from Antwerp,
Belgium
1845        1850 Hanna    5 Germany
1845        1860 Anna M.  15 Germany
1844        1870 Annie  26 Prussia
1842        1880 Anna  38 WI
1847        1885 Anna M. married  38 WI
1850        1900 Johanna   49 WI
1850        1905 Johanna   55 WI
1850        1910 M. Johanna  60 WI
1849        1910 Johanna, Family Bible
1852        1920 Johanna 68 WI
1850        1930 Mrs. Johanna  80 -- (obituary)
1849        1930 Johanna, Tombstone