VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2012

Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2012 18:11:43 -0400
Hello Everyone,

As some of you know I'm working on Indexing City of Norfolk Marriages from
1850-1899.
And after watching these shows, who do you think you are on nbc and roots
on pbs show.

 I wanted to share with you according to the shows above a  rare event, I
may have a few more, when I do a little more checking, but I  have 13 African
American marriages occurring between 1850-1859. Listed as  free persons of
color. in the city of norfolk virginia

1850 Frances Jordan to Eliza Givens
1850 William Hamilton to Lelia Mingo
1851 John Owens to Catharine Baker
1851 Joseph church hill to Sarah johnson Harriet Hancock.
1852 william cooper to georgianna stubbs
1852 james tynes to louisa james
1852 james watt to margaret stubbs
1853 joe johnson to martha frances hancock
1854 edward austin to jame callis
1856 james estale to sarah daughter of clementine
1857 henry grey to ann mingo
1858 john barraud to charlotte magagnon
1859 robert meekins to indiana wright

    if anyone needs an exact date they can email me, 2  have additional
info. the rest are just bride and groom.

kristina

_http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vaprinc2/_
(http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vaprinc2/)

_http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vanorfol/_